Thursday, October 18, 2012

Surprise!


Amanda opening a little gift


spectators, er, family :)

Last Friday, our family and the Bylers were getting together to watch The Printing. We decided to have a little surprise birthday party for Amanda. "Did they tell you how they're getting Amanda to come?" Amy asked me... but then she wouldn't tell me.

Amanda and I were both surprised when we realized our families were throwing a celebration for both of us. I went to Amanda's surprise birthday party, and she came to say a surprise good-bye to me! (why are going-away events called "parties"?).

My family is fabulous, and I miss them loads and loads just thinking about leaving Michigan for Zambia. I will also miss the Bylers-- who are not only my friends, neighbors, and church family, but also part of my extended family.

3 comments:

  1. sniffle...sniffle...pass the Kleenex please!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... there's been so many memories in that family room that are so precious to me. It makes me miss you all... Like Aunt Carolyn said please pass a kleenex for me also!

    ReplyDelete