Friday, October 19, 2012

Ginger Fall


Fall flavors are fun for baking-- apple, pumpkin, cinnamon, ginger. Pumpkin bread, pumpkin custard, pumpkin pancakes, rice pudding, homemade applesauce, apple crisp, and apple gingerbread have all been part of my fall kitchen experiments.

Early Saturday morning I decided to bake a cake for the family reunion Sunday. Later in the morning, as the cake was baking, Dad called, and part way through our conversation I realized the family reunion was the following week! Rather than saving the cake for a week, I served my apple gingerbread (topped with apple pie filling) after Sunday dinner last week. You can find the apple gingerbread recipe here (I only tweaked it a bit).

3 comments:

  1. looks/sounds yummy... I was almost at the end of your post (reading the small preview style on my dashboard) before I realized I wasn't reading one of the food blogs I follow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking to my apple gingerbread recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made this over the weekend. It was fabulous...thanks for posting it!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete