Saturday, November 10, 2012

London layover

British Museum

My friend Angelina and I had been scheming for months about how to rendezvous in London on my way to Zambia. God orchestrated a marvelous visit beyond what we were able to plan in advance. (We had scheduled a meeting for a couple hours on my original nine hour layover.)

While in London this trip, I visited the British Museum, the British Library, and Westfield Mall (built for the 2012 Olympics). Plus, we enjoyed a yummy homemade Indian meal and a fun sleepover—complete with three friends and two aunts stuffed into one small bedroom, plus late-night conversation after lights out. 


Heather and I with the 2012 Olympic mascot

Westfield Mall

British Museum-- replica of city gates

British Library


Thanks, Angelina for such a fun visit!



2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad Abba worked out a play date for the two of you....sounds like tons of English fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie...how wonderful to have friends all over the globe! I'm so happy that God allowed you to enjoy such a nice, spontaneous visit with them. Great photos, too!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete