Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Saturday, 4:50AM



The roosters were already well on their way to waking everyone in the village when Mrs. Chindolo knocked at my door. At five o’clock we headed out—Mr. and Mrs. Chindolo and I. 

Dawn was breaking as we began the brisk ten minute walk to Mboole Brethren In Christ Church building. As we approached, we heard the pastor inside praying.

Five months ago, the pastor challenged his congregation to meet for prayer at 5am every day. The Chindolos and the pastor and wife are the only ones who have taken up this challenge.

How sweet to start the day in worship with my brothers and sister as we sang and prayed and read the Word. Beyond our skin colors, nationalities, languages, and cultures, we experienced the unity of our Lord.

I wish you could have been there too.

4 comments:

  1. Dear Julie,
    I like what your poem is.
    I love you Julie.
    From,
    Natale

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite memories of Haiti was waking before dawn to the sound of the Haitian women's voices outside my window, singing, praying, and calling out their praises to "Jezi." They would gather in the school building on the missions compound and pray for us before doing anything else that morning. The sound of that praise echoing down the mountain was the most beautiful sound I've ever heard. How I miss it!!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete