Wednesday, November 12, 2014

merge

These days, my life feels a bit like I'm inside one of those yellow road signs that signals oncoming traffic must merge. It's as if my life was on a major highway that has now intersected with another major highway.

In the midst of my life merge, the question of what to do with this blog comes up-- now that I've moved back to the States from Zambia. For lack of a more creative title in 2012, I named my blog Julie's Zambian Adventures. When I started blogging, I didn't know what a year [eventually two!] would be like living at Nahumba, but I was pretty sure it would be packed full of adventures.

Now, I am no longer in Zambia, and... I'm not sure if I'll have many adventures to share. [the world does not need another boring blog]

My mind battles with itself regarding the future... as if I'm positive that I've just left my life of adventures, but hoping that statement isn't true, and scared if it is.

Two weeks ago I left my predictably unpredictable Nahumba life (ex: the rat that was swimming in our toilet the other morning. I'm.not.kidding.)-- and turned it in for a 40-hour office job in the US.

.yeah.
it's hard not to think life with be excessively boring from here on out

So- it's an interesting merge I'm in the midst of right now, a merge I'm really not sure when will be completed.

I feel a little like a vagabond these days. In the past two months, I've moved houses three times and slept in at least ten different beds. I traveled across the ocean from Zambia to Michigan and one week later drove 10 hours from Michigan to Pennsylvania.  This weekend I expect to move again (haha... and this time I won't even have a bed, so- thanks to my brother and sister-in-law for loaning me an air mattress!).

I'm not exactly sure what I'm trying to say here, except:
here goes.

Here goes the next adventure (Exciting or not... here I come. Let's hope for the sake of the blog I manage to find at least a few interesting happenings to share from life in PA...).

I'm not sure how adventure-filled my (boring) office-job life will prove to be here, but I am determined to be content with my position and to enjoy blessings that God sends along my pathway... even if it's a curvy, hilly, COLD pathway I'm joining up with these days...


The thing that grounds me is the calm assurance of my heavenly Father.

It's a mix of odd and glorious that I'm living these "merging" days-- a mix of not knowing where I'll live or what I'll eat or when I'll move next. That's the interesting (and exhausting) part. The glorious part is that I have His peace and joy and endurance for the journey.

It's a blessed place to be, adventurous or not.

3 comments:

  1. blessings on your PA-40 adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't worry -- you can have rats here too. They don't care if you work 40 hours in an office.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing from your heart. To have His peace and joy during the journey is really hard to have sometimes, (coming from a Mommy's journey), but it's a continuous prayer for my life. :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete