Saturday, November 1, 2014

yesterday it SNOWED. (this is not a fabricated statement)

Jo-burg airport-- final gate security screening before boarding our 18-hour flight to the States

Dear friends- I’m home!

My trip from Livingstone, Zambia to Saginaw, Michigan was pretty unbelievable… ALL four of my flights were on-time, and ALL of my luggage arrived at the same time I did (approximately 34 hours of travel airport to airport).

No frantic running through airports trying to catch a flight, or frustrated calls to airlines to reschedule a flight, or disappointed family waiting for me back home when I missed a flight... Wow. I am blessed.



Highlights since being home:
  • Being with my family
  • Playing the piano (it’s a real one. Oooolala)
  • Seeing Amy’s cute and lovely touches all over the Cookie House (it’s like walking through a life-size Pinterest board!)
  • Eating: blueberries, strawberries, tart cherries, raspberries (the last fresh handful from Amy’s bushes!), peaches, applesauce, blueberry bagels, wheat thins, spinach salad, cheese and crackers, and black beans… oh my, sounds like all I’ve done is eat!
  • Drinking tea with Amy


On today’s agenda:
  • Tour Libby’s chicken barn
  • Bake muffins-?
  • Finish sorting luggage in suitcases
  • And… if possible… put on lots of layers and take a walk in Michigan’s great outdoors… 

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect homecoming! Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy!

    ~ Betsy

    ReplyDelete
  2. praying for you as you start your new phase of your life's journey. Enjoyed reading about your last days in Zambia!

    ReplyDelete