Thursday, March 13, 2014

Driver

do you feel like you were there?
Mboole Basic School- over 900 pupils are enrolled at this rural school where 14 teachers are employed

On Saturday, I donated my day to be the bus driver who carted some 15 or 20 pupils from one rural school  to a workshop at another rural school. 

(Our neighbor, Kajungu coordinated the two-day workshop.)

oh Baby Bertha...

if you gotta go, you got a place

For the most part, I spent the day soaking in the beauty of Mboole-- the warm sunshine, gentle breeze, and blue sky full of puffy clouds...

That and I wrote a lot of letters. So, chances are if you receive a card from me in the next month or two it was written last Saturday at Mboole Basic School. 

clouds chasing clouds
talk about vibrant color!

2 comments:

  1. classic african pics (photo op envy). Love the clouds chasing clouds phrase. 900/14, scary student/teacher ratio. I'm assuming this is a secondary school? What was the workshop? Glad you were able to make a pleasant break of the trip.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Basic school = grade 1-9. The headmaster told me they also have over 125 registered for nursery school there at Mboole.

      Guess what though? They do have a small library at this school! yay for books. I even saw Froggy and a few other fun classics.

      Workshop topics include: peace and conflict resolution, peer education, safe sex, how to deal with abuse (what is abuse), etc.

      Delete