Thursday, March 20, 2014

It's Official


Zambia now recognizes me as a qualified Class B Manual driver! Hallelujah!

No one but Jesus knows the full, happy relief it was to have my driving test and nitty gritty regulations for securing the document behind me. Here are a few of the steps in the process:
  • secure work permit (13 months)
  • pay for a physical exam at the local hospital (went after-hours with a friend of a friend)
  • wait in many queues on many days going from office to counter to desk paying here and there along the way at the Road Transport and Safety Agency (RTSA) office
  • take a “highway” test (drive on the tarmac) with a RTSA officer…

Isaac was pleased with my driving. He specifically commented on the vehicle’s balancing (starting on an incline), and said he could tell I’m comfortable on the left side of the road (which is a very factual statement…scary thoughts for Stateside driving! Haha.).

1 comment: