Monday, March 17, 2014

twalumba {thank you}


Regardless of how long it takes mail to cross the ocean and wind up in our box in Choma (three months for some of these gems), it's still a thrill to open messages from friends and family around the globe. Thanks, everyone, for sending notes and cards. They do eventually arrive, and are such a cheery part of my day when they finally make it to Nahumba!

*just for the record- this was a very very unusual post office "catch." Usually the box is empty :)

3 comments:

  1. you're kidding. all that came in one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If your answer to Betsy is "yes" then my question is, how often do you check your box, because that's an impressive amount of mail! We wouldn't get that much in a month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I almost didn't want to post the picture, because I thought people would get the wrong idea that we receive a lot of mail. The reason I took the photo is because it was so unusual (I also spread everything out to look impressive). I check the box at least once a week, and every once in a while there's a card or letter for me. Mail gets back-logged, so sometimes there will be maybe three letters that were mailed within a month of each other. This time, there were three or four Christmas letters, a small package (with three or four separate letters from others) from Mom, and a card from a friend in Germany (mailed at the start of January). There was a card from Naomi, which she mailed when I was in the States in December. THREE months. no joke. just to cross that ocean-??? hah. Thank the Lord for technology.

    ReplyDelete