Monday, March 31, 2014

Green Alert

*THIS POST IS NOT FOR MOM*




check it out

(if you don't want to "check it out," don't scroll down)





Well, there's a snake on the lose in our front hedge.
Just thought you'd like to know.

see that wee head?

how about now?

green.green.green.
While someone ran off to find a snake slayer, this little guy disappeared into the hedge again.
But, not for long.
He (or his cousin-?! yeeps) reappeared on the other side of the hedge a couple minutes later. 

see that long neck?

closer

closer

yep. that's him.

do you still see him?

how does that go-- Speak Softly and Carry a Big Stick-???


I wanted to tell you that the snake is dead and all is right with the world...
but that would be a lie.

He escaped.

eeewww.

That's why I figured I better send out an alert.

PS- If they weren't so poisonous and, well, sneakily slithery and rather gross-- I might find snakes more interesting. I mean, this little guy is a pretty color...
And, actually, based on my quick googling just now and comparing photos of this guy and other snakes, I think he's just a bush snake and not poisonous.
.whew.
At least-- that sounds like a good thing to believe, right? :)

3 comments:

  1. hummm....could possibly the stick be too big?

    Be careful out there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so Bright and Emma are right. Snake bushes are a type....

    ReplyDelete