Monday, March 24, 2014

muf.muf.muffins again


Sorry for all the food posts lately... apparently that's all I've been photographing these days. In the near future, I have plans of showing you a malaria research mosquito sphere (for true! can you imagine?!) and a couple shots from a wedding we attended Saturday. Plus, hopefully I'll soon be able to post pictures of the "new" (used) vehicle we're in the process of buying. But, for now... all I have is a few shots of last week's Banana Bran Muffins, along with yesterday afternoon's Bible study topic:

Topic = Is Eating Too Much A Sin? 
(looking for Biblically based answers-- it was a Bible study, after all!)


note: You may wonder how we wound up with such a study topic. Some weeks back, we asked all the participants to write out topics they'd like to study in the following weeks. We collected all the papers and draw one out each week in preparation for the following week's study. This question 
was one of the topics someone requested.



and... in case you'd like the recipe for making your own Banana Bran Muffins, here's what I did:

wisk together:
2 eggs
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 cup mashed banana
1 cup soured milk (I added vinegar to mine and let it curdle. You can use buttermilk if you have)
1 cup wheat bran
1/4 cup oil
1 teaspoon vanilla

Separately, combine:
1 and 1/2 half cups white flour  (note: original recipe calls for a combination of white and wheat flour, but I didn't have wheat flour)
2 Tablespoons flax meal
1 and 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt

You can add nuts and chocolate chips if you have/want. I made my muffins without and they turned out great. Walnuts or pecans would be lovely, though.

Combine the wet and dry ingredients until moistened.
Scoop the batter into 12 greased muffin cups.

Bake at... well, the original recipe says 400F, but, I think I accidentally baked mine at 177C, which is 350F. So... bake in a hot oven until they're perfectly done :)

Cool 5 minutes and remove from pan.

As with all yummy muffins, share with friends.

ps- Lately it's been all about pumpkin 'round here. I started with 2 pumpkins (which yielded 8 cups of puree) last Friday, but... don't have much left after Pumpkin Frappes, Pumpkin Cookie Balls, Savory Pumpkin Pasta, Pumpkin Oatmeal, Pumpkin Filled French Toast, Pumpkin Butter, and Pumpkin Pie Muffins.
No joke. and... no, I did not eat everything myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment